Monday, March 28, 2022

John Mayer Sob Rock Denver March 27, 2022

 



  

Fantastic concert, great seats where no one was in front of us, no one behind, and we were on the aisle. 

I'm finding my enjoyment of concerts hinges on no one impeding my view, sitting when I want to sit, standing when I want to stand, and getting out without climbing over strangers.

And remembering my fancy earplugs that allows me to hear the music clearly without being deaf afterwards. (I did.)

We had dinner at Los Dos and were reminded again how short staffed places are everywhere. It took us 90 minutes to get in and out (without a wait for a table) because there were so few servers. 

in the parking lot of Los Dos



We got to the light rail and discovered there is no more C line (the direct train to the arena). No problem, we took the D and transferred to the E halfway there. 

The problem came when we, along with at least another 100 people, stood at the train station after the concert for nealy an hour, incredulous that there were NO trains running in service at all. We watched three come through as "Not in Service." Not one driver had the decency to open the window and inform anyone we'd be standing there until 4:15 the next morning. 

After 15 minutes of attempting to have Uber or Lyft find a driver, we waved the white flag and called home for rescue. 

Despite enjoying the light rail for nearly 15 years, I'll pass going forward until (if) the schedule can return to normal. 










0 comments:

Post a Comment