Friday, December 14, 2012

12-14-12 Arggggggg

There have been all sorts of things flying about on social media. Two of them stuck with me today in ways that made me want to slap someone silly.

1. "There but for the grace of God, go I." I swear, if I hear one more person say this, my head is just going to pop off. Really? Are you suggesting that God's grace doesn't extend to the families grieving tonight? Or in any circumstance where someone utters this horribly stupid phrase? Stop it.

2. "There was a school attack in China today, too. I guess we should ban all knives, too!" Slack-jawed amazement at this one. How.freaking.stupid can you get? Let's compare China's attack with Connecticut's shall we?

Both had mentally ill people carrying out attacks. 

Both chose school children as their target.

One country has vehemently protected the right to bear an Uzi and 28 dead.

The other country has very strict gun laws and . . . wait for it . .  7 with non-life-threatening cuts.

You can't make this level of stupidity up.






0 comments:

Post a Comment