Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1-8-13 Tori's Chipless Chicken Nachos


I made the most amazing concoction for lunch today, so I had to take a picture and share it. 

I am dubbing it Tori's Chipless Chicken Nachos and plan on making it a staple in the lunch rotation.

1 grilled chicken breast (I grilled up a batch outside over the weekend), cut into small pieces
2 T. black beans
1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
2 T. Salsa Verde
sprinkle with onion powder or chop up the real thing if you can stand it

Heat in the microwave for one minute.

In the cold salad bowl mix:
1/2 an avocado (this is 145 of your calories, so you could drop to a 1/4 if you need to)
2 Tbs fresh, chopped cilantro
15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 wedge of lime squeezed over all of it
Pinch of kosher salt, pepper, and onion powder

400 calories, 30 grams of protein and I didn't miss a single chip!

Mama Mia, this was excellent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment