Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Paint Cellar

I haven't picked up a paintbrush in a long time. A really loooong time. But Amber and I have been choosing one day a month to do something fun just the two of us and she suggested we try one of those paint and wine venues that are popping up all over the place. We settled on The Paint Cellar near her house since their painting looked the most interesting to us of all the offerings on a Sunday afternoon. (Seriously, there are half a dozen to choose from around Denver!)

We got there and checked in about 15 minutes early and were given seats right up front. 


The instructor walks you through each step, both showing you the brush and paint mix to use as well as the strokes needed for each portion of the painting. 


You can see the teacher's painting up front, so it's pretty clear I don't follow instructions really well. And I really like blue. Can you tell?

A little later...


There's something really therapeutic about this, mixing the colors and letting the brush sweep across the canvas. We decided it should become a staple in our rotation.


And our finished paintings side by side (I opted out of the green. Such a rebel.)




Some of the other paintings they've done on display:

the kids section. Guess which one I want to do?

We were treated to a gorgeous dusk and almost full moon in the parking lot as we exited to head for dinner nearby 

After dinner, Sam and I went to the movies to see Frozen (again, but for the first time in focus -- more on that later.) Yesterday, Nick got home for the holidays and Marci came over and we all went out for dinner. And then today, between painting and dinner and a movie, I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I hadn't left the house except for a a doctor's appointment all week long, now that Sam is driving (my car) and working, so this was a really lovely weekend. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment