Monday, December 2, 2019

December Decorating

We're finally in the last month of the last year of the decade. 

The winds are changing. Can you feel it?

Despite not feeling particularly festive, or maybe because of it, I managed to get everything put up on the first floor by myself this weekend. EVERYTHING. Stuff that typically gets left in the box because I ran out of room or steam? UP IT GOES. If it's not getting used, I'm giving it away this year. 

The outside and second floor were done the prior weekend and I think the outside already posted when the snows blew in a week ago, which never really left.

And now, as I write this, on Monday evening, it finally got warm enough to be able to scrape away most of the snow on the back deck, which I shovelled furiously at for an hour before the light started to fade. We'll put that in the category of decorations, too. It was just as much work. 










I stumbled over this in the Hallmark store.

They NEVER make Marc Antony and Pussyfoot stuff. (It's my favorite cartoon.)

I have found exactly one, years and years ago (hanging at the top here) that has been put on the tree with the assumption I would never find another. 

AND HERE IT IS!

WITH THE KITTY COOKIES!!!





THE KITTY COOKIES!!!!!









Downstairs:

Gave Katy's urn the turn at wearing the Snoopy Santa Hat this year. She was always a good hat wearer.










 This morning's walk is a pretty good indicator of how well the snow has stuck around for a full week now -- we haven't gotten any more snowfall since then and here's what it looks like!







random Olaf photo from Target yesterday I texted to Sam, since we went to see Frozen 2 and Josh Gad (the voice of Olaf) improvised a line "I don't even know a Samantha!"

And finally, this evening's workout. The owl has finally partially emerged from his snow cake:



the pile off to the right there, where I ran out of steam and didn't have gloves to mess with the pots underneath. And there was some seriously stubborn ice stuck in spots, but at least it's not packed ice up to your ankles to walk out on the deck. At least until the next round.






0 comments:

Post a Comment