Saturday, February 6, 2021

2/5/21 Saturday Mountain Drive

First outing in February (not including the daily dog walks of course) was a pretty Saturday morning drive through the mountains with Amber to meet up with Marci for lunch in Idaho Springs. 

This is, of course, after the obligatory COVID confessional texts about who has gone where in the past weeks to assess risk. Sigh. Such strange times to live through.

I was excited to try out my new shades. I hate how regular sunglasses turn everything brown, but these are indigo tinted like ski goggles and make everything so bright and beautiful! With as much sun on the snow on the drive, they worked great.






with the "buy one/get one" sunglasses I was able to share my second pair with Amber when I realized how different things looked through them. Of course that's my eyeballs and brain working together, because when I held the camera behind a lens, I couldn't get close to capturing what it really looked like. (Nothing was this purple to my sight.)



Echo Lake was frozen solid -- we saw some folks walking across as we pulled up but they'd left by the time we parked and walked over. 

The wind was blowing snow high into the air the whole time at about 30 mph. We didn't stay out of the car very long!


still trying! lol




We met Marci with our reservation in our own little corner of Beau Jo's for a mountain pie before heading back home. 

Purple glasses!






heading out of Idaho Springs, the waterfall frozen solid





0 comments:

Post a Comment