Sunday, June 24, 2012

6-22-12 The Geese Family at Maroon Bells

Friday morning Dad and I were at the Bells by 6:00 for another sunrise. This time, there were no other photographers. The parking lot had a number of cars in it, presumably from hikers setting out at first light. Dad went up along the tree line and I was alone at the lake. Well, alone except for the geese family that was finding food among the grass. 

 As I walked up, the babies and parents were chopping down dandelions and weeds at a spectacular pace. Not long after that, I suppose my presence became suspect because the papa goose sounded the "hit the water" signal.






 So this is pretty much where I came in yesterday, watching geese swimming away. But this time, I decided to try sticking nearby a bit longer. I jogged ahead a bit to avoid geese butts and caught one of the babies getting a drink of water.








 The geese watched me intently throughout the photo shoot and finally decided I was no threat and climbed out right beside me to preen and clean and settle down for a nap.



 Oh, yeah, there was the little matter of the sunrise on Maroon Bells happening, too. But that's for another blog.






0 comments:

Post a Comment