Monday, June 4, 2012

6-4-12 The amazingly easy and super delicious Turkey "Burger"


Deana's were made at the Sunflower Market, but I liked them so well, I decided to try putting them together at home.

For three burgers the size pictured above, you will need 1lb. of lean ground turkey. Divide the pound into three portions, roll each third into a giant meatball, and then add the magic.

The Magic:
Feta cheese
Basil
Bacon bits
Makoto Ginger dressing

I did them in stages, breaking the meatball in half, touching each halve's inside into the bowl of cheese, basil, and bacon in turn, and then putting them back together and kneading the meat back into a ball again with everything mixed through. I then used my handy-dandy tupperware hamburger press to get them into their burger shape, patting them out thinner with  my hands, and poured a tablespoon of the ginger dressing on top to press in criss-cross fashion with a fork, to add just a touch of marinade.

Cooked on the grill, about 7 minutes each side on low, and voila!

I put mine on top of a bed of greens with avocado, cherub tomatoes, a few more bacon bits, red bell pepper, and more ginger dressing.

YUM!



0 comments:

Post a Comment