Sunday, May 24, 2020

The May Projects

The bedroom set that is older than I am finally got a makeover!

It only took five trips to the store (3 to Home Depot, then Walmart, then finally Ace) to get the hardware needs worked out. (Who knew there were so many types of screws soooo close in size yet completely unusable?!?)

I'm not happy with the wax finish, so the last step will be adding another sealant to them in the coming week. 

 . . . and 

I FORGOT to take "before" photos with the right angles. AUGHHH.

So, having run a search in Google photos from the last decade for "dresser" and "drawers," I did the best I could to find something for comparison. 

the long dresser


the tall dresser 

(Hi Jake!)

The bedside table



and since I couldn't bear to cut sweet Evan out, here's that whole photo


and Aidan for full measure


The much easier and lots more fun project was the coffee table. 

The ancient, nearly 40 year old clumpy sand was replaced with some pretty turquoise, and I chalk painted inside and out to brighten the dingy oak color to a cool light gray. Then I added the lights on the inside of the lid, which came out just a few inches too short to make the whole rectangle, but the next length available would have wrapped around it twice or more. It's battery operated with a remote, so I don't have to keep taking the table top off to turn it off. 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment