Sunday, July 24, 2022

Empty House

Now that the kids decamped to Florida, the house needed rearranging again, so the first week of the empty house was filled with a whole lot of sorting, trashing, organizing, and moving. 

Thanks to Amazon Prime deals the same week, I was able to get both another room AC and a convertible chair that turns into a twin bed for the Disney room, aka Colbie's room when she visits. 

So there's now room for her pack and play until she graduates to a bed, an AC unit for the summer heat visits, and a great space to read and sleep that doesn't fill up the room like a regular bed. I did however get a super thick cooling gel memory foam topper for guests because there is no convertible bed in the world that has a good enough mattress to sleep on comfortably. 






After Colbie's visit, I was more cognizant of what I'm organizing down low -- so the shelves down low have either cubes or soft things she can play safely with.

I had already reorganized the area in between the rooms with her books (including a growing NYC children's book section) and my Weebles and Playskills blocks on the lower shelves. 


I had also moved the pet shrine upstairs to the other corner by my bedroom



Over in the other guest room I put all the non Disney treasures like my drafting table (a gift Dad procured from an auction on my 19th birthday, it's been moved around soooo many times), Nell's clock & rug, Mamammy's dresser, Sammi's nighttable, as well as a double fold out bed in the couch (also with packed away 4" gel topper available to actually sleep)



I was able to hang my Broadway signed posters up again, too!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment