Thursday, May 20, 2010

sunburn season is open

I know, I know. Iknowiknowiknow. It really looks worse than it feels. (Plus I have a pony tail shadow now. Great.)

This is the first burn of the season, completely (as always) unintentional. The high today was in the 70s with a light wind and we'd be sitting up in the Red Rocks Amphitheater for Jessie's graduation catching the gusts, right?

Uh, no.

And thanks to being more than a mile (6280 feet to be exact) above sea level the sun does not take long to make Sammi and me crispy. This is just a little over an hour's exposure for me and a bit longer for Sammi. I threw my jacket over my shoulders after that and made her do the same, although a little too late to avoid the burn.


It's that time of year -- stock the car and the purse with sunblock, people! Your skin will thank you for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment