Sunday, August 30, 2020

New Blinds

Of course, the blinds I'd ordered earlier this summer took forever to get here and arrived after I was not allowed to lift more than 10 pounds, so they had to sit outside in their giant box most of the day. 

The woven wooden ones didn't turn out to be all that strong against Aidan's pushing them around as he laid on the back of the couch, so after four years their strings were breaking as well as small sections that he'd crushed. I have the blackout curtains, so all I really wanted was something that would block the squinting in the mornings when the sun was rising. The woven ones didn't really do that particularly well either. After shopping for more than a year, I finally settled on these roller blinds without any hanging cords. They are actually more of a bluish gray when the sun isn't coming through but the lighter gray still looks good against all the stronger colors in the room.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment