Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Glorious Fall




Fall has become my favorite season. There wasn't much Fall to speak of my entire life until I moved to Colorado. You'd get a few days of cool breezes followed by weeks of heat and humidity hanging on, dragging on endlessly. Nothing changed color and very little actually FELL.

Here, though, I am in awe of the colors the trees turn, the crispness of the air, the true sense of change that surrounds me. The photos above are just one tree in my backyard and I could spend hours watching the reds and golds push their way across the leaves. Our early snow this year means everything has sped up and within weeks there will be no more color on the trees, just leftovers sweeping down the street in the breeze.

There's something, too, about endings that I have always adored. I'm the girl who collects slit-your-wrists love songs for her iPod because of their glorious sadness that brings me to my knees, to borrow from Sarah McLachlan. Watching the slow death, the pulling in and hibernation of the world is exhilarating. Let it Fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment