Friday, September 3, 2010

another Friday

I know the morning wanderings are getting fewer and farther between. Like everything, the cycles ebb and flow. But this morning it was in the upper 40s and the pull was irresistible.

Christopher Robin was sitting outside his door, putting on his Big Boots. As soon as he saw the Big Boots, Pooh knew that an Adventure was going to happen, and he brushed the honey off his nose with the back of his pay, and spruced himself up, as well as he could, so as to look Ready for Anything.

I was reminded of this as I pulled out the leashes from their hanging spot. This is the Big Boots for the dogs.

I set out in a jacket but by the time we arrived at the dog park, the sun was plenty warm and it got relegated to getting tied around the waist. (By the time we got back it was 60°.)

On the way we spied more signs of fall:


And on the way back I was enchanted by the way the sun played with the blowing grasses. So I kneel down to see how I can frame it


But after a minute, I had to stop admiring the grass, because Evan decided he wasn't getting quite enough attention.

I managed to catch the dirt puffs from his odd cat scratching at the grass. I don't know if he was jealous and getting back at it or what.


So no more attention on the grass. Here's Evan's hair playing with the sunlight and blowing in the breeze.


Think they got a little exercise at the dog park this morning?


Some of the wild sunflowers that pop up all over the place until the first snow.



I'm trying to take in the green leaves against the blue sky before they are gone again.


Way back in early May I posted pictures of this tree in another blog entry, all white with blooms and the moon peeking over the top. Now it's putting on its final color for the year and the moon's sliver is much higher in the sky.

Back home with coffee in hand, the dogs have enough energy (of course) for fetch, so I snap some more pictures of their sweet, expectant faces. Everything is an adventure, you see.


And I get entranced again by Evan's big brown eyes.


And perpetually amused by his fluffy white tail.


It's one of the first fall Fridays. It's the first football game of the last season for Nick. It's the day Sammi flies to Oregon to visit her best friend Emily who moved away at the end of the summer. She'll turn 15 on Sunday without me, but we'll have birthday celebration when she gets back on Monday, which as it turns out, is actually a day I get off because all my dealerships are closed. I'm thinking that might be a good hike day, too. All in all, shaping up to be a fun weekend -- hope yours is as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment