Saturday, April 4, 2015

Amber Adventure Day

Near Amber's house is the Southlands Cinema

I haven't been to the movies in a long time, and after today, I may never go back to regular old movie seats again. 

Seriously... giant red leather motorized recliners?

 

So we saw Branagh's Cinderella which was pretty fun, since so much of the film was story-boarded straight from the animated version.

Amber had never tried Pho, and there was a place right next door, so, for lunch...


 

This would have been a fine, relaxing little adventure, except about 30 seconds after that picture, I reached over and grabbed the Sriracha sauce to add to the soup. 

I gave it a shake and apparently the prior person had not turned the top closed.

In typical Tori fashion, the splash of Sriracha sauce flew directly into my right eye.

(Actually, that last part is atypical. All my injuries are on the left.)

Couldn't hit my hair, or face, or shirt, or table. No. Right into the eye.

That's liquid chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, and salt. 

The almost brand new contact was toast, and by the time I'd flushed my eyeball thoroughly so it would stop blazing fire through my eye socket to my brain, it was bright, bloodshot red. Pretty! (Nope, no pictures.)

But the Pho was good. 

It was such a gorgeous day, we walked around to the yogurt place and ate outside near the tulipss and bears and budding trees. 

 

Then I drove home with one eye. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment