Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mask Masks!

So over the past few days, masked mania has taken over. 

I now have seven for personal use, one for each day of the week, and all are a few of my favorite things. 

They all have the pocket where I can put my mask inside, and change it out to wash the covers. 

Started with the Cookie Monster in the style of Van Gogh with a big chocolate chip cookie in the sky.


I found a tiny little shirt of Sammi's (size 2-4) she'd word many moons ago, embroidered with my very favorite state. 


The Batgirl is from a set of pajamas Steph bought me years ago that had shrunk and I'd put away as a keepsake.


I'd found a flat sheet at Goodwill years back of Wall-E and Eve for $2. I was thinking I'd make a couple of pillows or something but never got around to it. Guess why? This is actually the best fabric to work with, stiff unwashed cotton.


Starry Night was from a shirt I'd gotten on my 40th birthday that had been worn until the cotton was pilling a bit and I had tucked it away. Maybe by my 50th in July I won't need it?


#6, done yesterday, was repping my Hogwarts House, Ravenclaw


And today, as I was culling through the last of the goodwill pile trying to find something purple to get my friend and hairdresser Jennifer a mask in her favorite color, I came across my old Minions shirt. 

The looks on their faces summed this whole crazy situation up perfectly and so, they became mask #7.


everyone stay safe out there!





0 comments:

Post a Comment