Tuesday, August 22, 2017

the LuLaRoe thing

posted this last week, as the proud new convert, er, owner of my first pair of LuLaRoe leggings, thanks to Amber hosting an online shopping thingee.

How do I describe these things? They are so freakin' buttery soft, like that super smooth feeling right after you shave your legs and bathe them in shea butter lotion. And they fit really nicely with a thick yoga waistband and no elephant knees.

THEN, she had an in-person party hosted at her house Friday night. 

And I bought two more pair, one in black with more birds on them and a red pair with gold aspen leaves all over them. I'm imaging pairing them with a big black nubbly sweater and boots this fall. 

AND, I made the mistake of mingling back around the leggings area after I'd chosen those and spotted a pair of fuschia and electric blue, and was trying to talk myself out of not buying another pair when Amber pulled my name from the raffle jar for .  .  drum roll, a FREE pair of leggings!

WOO!

Mammammy's trick of folding and then crinkling the paper paid off for once!


Now, the weird thing about LLR is that they make a ton of other styles, but NONE of them, not the t-shirts or the dresses or the kimonos, have quite the same fabric feel. (This is probably a really good thing, since I am only obsessed with this particular feel.) And all the ladies who are consultants can place orders for styles and sizes, but they have zero control over what prints show up in their orders. And LLR only creates a limited number from each print. So it becomes a bit of a unicorn hunt to find prints you really like from someone you know who carries the stuff. 

Some of these prints seem like LLR's designers must've grown up as teenagers in the 80s and hope to bring it back. The bright geometric stuff can get a little overwhelming. But, to each their own. Less stuff I'm tempted to buy.

So, curious about what other prints in the leggings were swimming around, I, naturally, hit up ebay just to have a look around. 

I only came away with one more pair. 

Because, honestly. 

Blue squirrels = INSTABUY for Tori.


(please ignore all the lovely cat hair on the shirt)

0 comments:

Post a Comment