Sunday, October 8, 2017

Autumn Evan


It's been six months without Evan. 

Six months and one week as of today. 

🎶  I miss you most of all my darling

When autumn leaves start to fall 🎶

But I miss him most of all on whatever day it is. 

I touch his face in photographs as I pass them everyday. 

I wonder if I won't eventually wear a spot on the top of his urn that is my touchstone going in and out of the house.

Aidan's first fall is filled with fun and laughter and many more photos than I managed with Evan or Katy, and I try not to imagine it might be his last because of some unknown killer lurking inside him that I don't know about. 

But Evan's loss is ever present to me. So I cherish what I have, for whatever time I have. There's nothing more to be done.



0 comments:

Post a Comment