Saturday, November 18, 2017

On Gratitude

I've spent part of this morning reading up on people with disabilities and travelling to Walt Disney World and, I have to say, I have tears in my eyes from a lot of the posts. 

If there was even a single shred of "oh poor me" lingering in the back of my brain, spending more than a few minutes reading what other families have dealt with quickly cleaned all of that attitude right out. 

And these people will immediately squash any of this "oh you're so inspirational" crap. They don't exist and survive and thrive for me to compare my life or pain or problems to theirs and find "gratitude." 

They just get on with their lives and wish you would, too.  

So I say this with as much balance as possible: I am grateful. 

Grateful for the abilities I have. 

Grateful for the opportunity to heal and regain abilities I don't.

Grateful that I can be my own inspiration, even if that's just learning how to get around on crutches better each day. 

Grateful that I have people who love me and want the best for me, but even if I didn't, I would still love me and work for the best for me, regardless. 

Just . . .  grateful. 



and the best part? This feeling is just really, really healthy. 

So, I'm grateful that I feel gratitude, too.



0 comments:

Post a Comment