Sunday, April 23, 2023

NYC April 2023 Day 3: Hamilton

I remember playing the Hamilton soundtrack for Steph, who was a captive audience on our drive from Houston to Austin and back more than five years ago.

I had resisted Sammi's insistence that I would love it for a few months. She was away at Ringling in 2015 and was on the Hamilton fan train right as it left the station. 

By later in 2016, I was in. 

So I played this for anyone on any drive. Amber got it on our trip to Maroon Bells that summer. And Steph on that trip to Austin. 

Amber was able to see it on Broadway on a family trip. I saw it first with Marci on our 2018 trip to NYC. I saw it again with Sammi in 2019. 

But Steph, who had all the lyrics memorized, had only seen it when it dropped on Disney+ during the pandemic in the summer of 2020. 

So, finally, she made it to the show. And, to my delight, just about every actor in the company came out to greet fans at the stage door, which had gone away since pre-Covid. 

So our playbills are now covered in autographs. 








the first out was Thayne Jasperson who is the last remaining original member of the company when the show debuted 8 years ago



Cherry Torres (Eliza)

Marc DelaCruz (Hamilton)

Kyle Scatliffe (Lafayette / Jefferson)

Gregory Treco (Washington)


Jared Dixon (Aaron Burr)

Jennie Harney-Fleming (Angelica Schuyler)








 

0 comments:

Post a Comment