Sunday, June 19, 2011

6-19-11 Happy Father's Day, retro style

Happy Father's Day to my Dad!


I had to fight the urge to put every crazy fashion moment I discovered when I was converting these old silent Super8 movies to files. I am very grateful that 22 years ago, when VHS was all the rage, that I had them put together for a Christmas present. It made it exponentially easier to record them to DVD and then convert them to computer files. It might have been a little easier if the VHS player I had hadn't tried to eat the tape when I started this project, but borrowing Mom and Dad's without letting on exactly what it was for solved that little speed bump.

When I took in all the little plastic reels in 1989 I tried to order them, although I now can't remember how on earth I did that since our old reel to reel had long since bit the dust. The hour plus video they watched at Christmas that year had me jumping around from age 1, to 3, to infant, to 4, to 2. So this time around I had the ability to slice them into bits and guesstimate the years.

This morning I moved all of the clips onto Dad's computer and we watched the above compilation. The next job will be to find out which years I have wrong and correct the names of the files. And someday, perhaps when I'm a grandmother, the technology will allow for correction of the reel frame errors that allow feet to be at the top of the frame. One can only hope.

Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you forever and always,
Tori
















0 comments:

Post a Comment