Thursday, August 26, 2010

And I could tell what form my dreaming was about to take



Feeling quite full-moonish this morning, we set out on a rambling walk, purposefully taking routes backwards or in large circles around the regular trails. The sunshine did me good. It's been just a crazy week and it's still only Thursday. So it was very therapeutic to soak up the warmth and listen to the sound of my flip flops along the pavement and see the happy faces of my dogs.


Now the trees are blooming fruits rather than flowers. The branches are heavy with them. Apples or no, these sights always cue the sound of Robert Frost's New England voice reading "After Apple Picking." (click the player at the top of the link to hear)

There are still some hardy blooms, though, at least until the first strong cold snap.


So many leaves in the early stages of turning color.

So much to be thankful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment