Monday, August 9, 2010

First days

Somehow, when I was asleep I suppose, my children grew up. As of today, I have two teenagers in high school, one a senior making his way through so many "lasts" that he will look back on wistfully as he ages. The other, bravely entering the giant high school as a student for the first time this morning. She's my adventurer, the one who leaps out into the great unknown with almost no trepidation (at least that she will show you), who dreams big and has the abilities to make them come true. I know so many wonderful things await her.


Born 9/5/95 full term at 4 pounds,she was my tiny little miracle.


We kept her in the stroller because the crib was so huge.

She was like dressing a very tiny baby doll and so perfect.

First Easter

That sweet smile. :)

She was a year old before we could find a shoe with hard soles in her size (at 1 year, newborn size 1). She had been walking for 5 months before that.

Wasn't long before she had a hat thing going.

Look at those big blue eyes.

She had been poked and prodded so much that we couldn't take her to get pictures done professionally by the time she was a year old. They still didn't know why she was so tiny (12 pounds at her first birthday) and she would flip out anytime I set her down on any kind of table because she associated them with going to the doctor's.


And she liked to get into little spots.







Her first piano





Always the cooks helper




Renaissance Festival


Sunshine and bluebonnets

With my baby doll when I was her age.



Muna always made her the best costumes for Halloween.


But then she had a flair for the dramatic from an early age.











Sandcastles at Port Aransas.














Graduating from Muna's day care.


At Ringling Brothers with the cotton candy.



Bringing Katy home for Sammi's 6th birthday

First grade


Sammi and Jennifer

2003

2004


2005 in Nick's jacket and some very cold water.

Visiting Colorado

Hermione for Halloween

Matching Fisher


Sammi's last meet













2006

2007

Art award

Pierced ears






2008

My writer



New glasses 2009

Growing up (summer 2010)

More art :)

Always with a book and a smile.

The John Mayer blizzard concert 2010

Romancing Prince Edward at the Ren Fest 2010

And now add baker to her list of possible futures.


I love and cherish every moment with you, my little Sammi girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment