Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last First Day of School for both


This year will doubtless be filled with "lasts" that are bittersweet. This morning was no exception. Today both kids headed out for the first day of school. Sammi's freshman-only stint yesterday wasn't actually classes. It reminded me of the picture I snapped the morning they were headed out to first and fourth grades in fall 2002.

So they gamely played along again this morning for one last shot of the two of them leaving for the first day of school one last time, freshman and senior. (They're my kids. They are used to stopping for pictures every other second.)

In elementary school, the campuses were divided into two grades apiece. This marks the first and only year the two of them will be in the same school. And, to my delight, it's the first school year I don't have to drive into the madness that is school drop-off.

Bittersweet indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment