Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mystery Reel

Tackled a reel that had only been marked as "fishing" and discovered that it was likely the last reel shot before I was born. 

There is, indeed, Dad fishing . . .















But then there's a sideways shot of what appears to be the courtyard at the Grahamcrest Apartments


Followed by interior shots of my parent's living room with the Saltsmans come for a visit from Mexia. Mom is quite preggo with me. If you scroll fast enough, you can kind of watch the camera pan.



























And the last section of film is Memorial Baptist Hospital (Southeast at 7655 Bellfort), which is where I was born.  Maybe Dad had some down time and decided to finish up the reel before switching to a new one for my homecoming.








This is what 7655 Bellfort looks like now:



0 comments:

Post a Comment