Saturday, January 20, 2018

1/20/18 Denver Women's March

headed out this morning to meet up with Lindsay and her friend Lily to get downtown 
for the 2018 Women's March in Denver

our crew


along the march, mostly just holding up my phone over my head and seeing what I could capture, although some were specifically for signs I liked. I remember teaching Dr. King's "Letter from Birmingham Jail" and some of my students asking why this was still relevant. I see so many signs with words from that letter now and I wonder, do they get it now?









  

  



According to news reports this evening, this year's attendance rivaled the 150,000 from last year. 

A few screenshots from the Post to get a sense of how large and diverse this was:


this was the front of the march. We were wayyyyyyyy back, and still way ahead of a lot of people. When we made the whole route and started to head over to where we parked, we realized there were still people at Civic Green waiting to get started!


More and more I feel that the people of ill will have used time much more effectively than have the people of good will. We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.
~"Letter from Birmingham Jail"

0 comments:

Post a Comment