Saturday, May 18, 2019

Disney Graduation Trip Part 6: Mothers Day at MK by Night

My favorite part of the trip was undoubtedly Sunday night. 

In the dark, the park becomes completely different. And cooler. And because we weren't sitting for the fireworks that draws away much of the crowd, we had very shorts waits for many rides.










our first no-wait ride was Haunted Mansion










our second was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which we managed to walk through and ride on DURING the fireworks













and then, since Splash Mountain was also a walk-on, we managed to watch more fireworks from that ride





we also managed to get Nick seated in the front row in a flume where the rows behind us were smaller people. So Nick and Ali got soaked on the big drop



after that, walk on to Pirates of the Caribbean

if you haven't noticed, I don't have my camera around my neck for the first time, ever, on a Disney trip. Because it was shorter than our usual full week at the parks, and because it was hotter, MUCH HOTTER, than our usual December days, I had decided to just depend on my phone camera. 

And man, how far we have come with phone cameras. My Pixel 2 camera caught shots I've never gotten as clear on multiple attempts with the best lenses in my arsenal. I've never been able to get even a remotely clear shot of the skeleton pirate, until now. 








as we were approaching the toll of 10:00 when the park closed, we bypassed Pan, which we had Fast Pass reservations for the next day, and hopped on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh to close out our night. 
















good night, Castle





even with the crowds of people seen above, we managed to be some of the first onto our ferry and took the back row outside. As we waited for the boat to fill up, to my delight, the Electrical Water Pageant appeared on the lake right behind us. This has been running since opening month, October 1971 and is one of the few original shows still going. 












as we headed up to the room, I stopped by the waterfall one last time



last up: our final day at the Magic Kingdom, in a downpour



0 comments:

Post a Comment