Monday, September 19, 2011

9-19-11 Garden of the Gods day


Had a beautiful day off with Courtney at Garden of the Gods. 


Pike's Peak has a powdered sugar topping on him now.


The moon kept watch all day.


And there was one golden aspen, showing off in the middle of his still-green brothers. 


The Gyrfalcon, whom I've named Yeats, was killed after flying into the glass at the visitors Center. For his trouble, he got a permanent place inside. 



A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.




Mom and Dad met us for lunch, so we actually got some pictures together. 




This would be my maniacal pie face, although it's really a triple chocolate mousse cake.


I only get to be taller than Courtney if I can seat her below me. 



Courtney at the fudge counter in the Trading Post. Best. Fudge. Ever. 


From Cjo's first visit in 2008 to 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment