Thursday, June 13, 2013

6/13/13 Shifting winds, shifting perspectives

I went to bed last night at 8:00. It was mainly to pout and be mad without upsetting anyone else. Another summer plan to have a vacation camping ruined by things totally out of my control. Another round of campsite reservations paid and lost so it can sit empty by the running water while I hole up in my hot house and work, again, as always. Everyone else's summer plans so far have gone swimmingly, while I waited for my one weekend to do that I wanted to do more than anything else just to watch it slip away. 

And then, thankfully, I woke up this morning just grateful. 

Neither I nor my parents or friends have a car filled with whatever we could grab, waiting for word on whether our house has burned to the ground. We aren't waiting for word on whether our loved ones, who we can't get ahold of, got trapped behind the fire line. We aren't frantically posting on social media sites trying to find our horses we had to leave behind, or our dogs and cats who ran off scared as we were packing the car.   

You can't always get what you want...



But you can always be grateful.


0 comments:

Post a Comment