Thursday, July 18, 2013

7/18/13 Chasing the Sun


Got Sara's new album two days ago. 

This one keeps popping up in the back of my mind, probably because I'm a cemetery lover. Good stuff.


It’s a really old city 
Stuck between the dead and the living 
So I thought to myself, sitting on a graveyard shelf 
As the echo of heartbeats, from the ground below my feet 
Filled a cemetery in the center of Queens 

I started running the maze of 
The names and the dates, some older than others 
The skyscrapers, little tombstone brothers 
With Manhattan behind her, three million stunning reminders 
Built a cemetery in the center of Queens 

You said, remember that life is 
Not meant to be wasted 
We can always be chasing the sun
So fill up your lungs and just run 
But always be chasing the sun...


0 comments:

Post a Comment