Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7/31/13

I was very moved this morning listening to Scott Simon, whose voice has kept me company for many years on NPR, talking about sharing his mom's passing through social media. Worth a listen this morning, for sure. 

On what his mother taught him

"When she just looked up at me and said, 'Oh Earth, you're too beautiful for anyone to realize,' I think we can all stand to learn that. To know that in our bones. And when she told me, 'Honey, always take time with people in their 80s,' I hear her voice coming back into mine now. 'Always take time with people in their 80s because for more than a decade, they've been looking right across the street at death and they know what's really important in life.' I don't know about you, but I can stand to hear that message."

0 comments:

Post a Comment