Saturday, January 24, 2015

1/24/15 The Girls' Saturday

 
Amber, Deana, and I tried out Upstairs Circus today and had a great time.

The only confusing part is that . . . it's not upstairs.


So the basic premise on Saturdays is that you have three hours, bottomless mimosas, and your choice of more than thirty craft projects to complete during that time. 

I chose the beaded wrap bracelet beforehand and brought along three charms from my MeMaw that I've held on to since I was a kid. When she went on her Alaskan cruise with her lady friends, she brought me back a tiny oval piece of ivory with an eskimo painted on it, and a jade bear. The third charm I picked out from her jewelry box after she passed, which was her initial scrolled in gold. 


It was very zen to weave the threads and beads together, over and over again. 


ta-da!


So, Amber and Deana had both chosen string art which, as it turns out, 
is way more involved. I had time to roam around and take pictures.


Next time?



the end of the bottomless mimosas


Meanwhile, they're cleaning up tables while A & D are madly hammering nails and stringing yarn. 




finished, just in time!



Afterwards, we hit up Los Dos for  . . .  what's the name of a meal at 3:30? Linner?


Deana headed back for the Springs while Amber and I decided we were too close to IKEA not to make the rounds. 


Perfect Girls' Saturday all around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment