Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Hits of My Birthday

July 28, 1970

The Top Ten Hits (although not in order)

If you aren't in a groovy mood, give a few of these a listen. 
I wouldn't try all ten, though. 

There is such a thing as 70s overload and the amount of schmaltz of all of them together could kill you. 

Between the funk, the political messages, and the sentimentality, it's an unmistakable sound of the era I was born into.


Of the top ten, #9 is my favorite. Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" (here in its extra special live funky version!)



#8 "O-O-H Child" by The Stairsteps



#4 "The Love You Save" by the Jackson 5. I want that background.


#2 Three Dog Night's "Mama Told Me Not to Come"


#3's Freda Payne's Band of Gold


#6, The Temptations' "Ball of Confusion"


#10 "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)" by Melanie, (trail blazing single name!) 
and the Edwin Hawkins singers


#7 Blues Image "Ride Captain Ride"


#5 Bread's "Make it With You" (gurgle. There's soft rock . . .  and then there's soggy.)


The #1 hit on the day of my birth . . . . The Carpenters "Close to You" GAG. Maybe I was dropped on my head at birth, but I have tried and tried and cannot like them. Sorry, Karen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment