Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Air Dog

I've gotten crafty about the air vents in the floors. Since hot air rises and we're in a colder climate, it makes sense to have the vents low for a good part of the year. But in July, it's another story. So this June on the handful of days we've run the air, I've been closing up ones that don't cool essential parts of the house and arranging furniture to keep from blocking the crucial ones.

My bed is now 6 inches way from the wall, which doesn't help the pillows toppling over the edge, but it does allow the one bedroom vent plenty of circulation. The cat who spends a large part of the day under there can still enjoy the coolness, but he has to share.

During the workday, if the AC is on, I am right by one of the two vents in the room, so you'd think my feet would stay nice and chilled on that cold metal.

Not so much.

You see, Evan has also discovered how nice and cool those vents gets in the heat of the afternoon. He got up and moved positions when I rolled back to snap this picture yesterday, but then snuggled right back over the vent as soon as I started back to work.

So instead of cold air, I have warm dog on my toes. Happy Summer :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment