Friday, June 4, 2010

GS Finds 6/4

Last week there was no blog about our garage sale finds because . . . there were no finds. At all. The four of us completely struck out at every place we stopped. So this week at the very first place we stopped, both Jill and I lucked into furniture for $4 which we then had to puzzle piece fit into the back of the CR-V. Thanks to Vic, who is less spatially challenged than the two of us, we got it loaded and hit some 8-10 other places in our hour. At every place, Jill is always the last back to the car. We kid her about touching every thing on every table and making friends with every seller. This was one of the last stops, so we were all in more of a hurry to fit a few more in, so we took her picture while we were waiting in the car.


My piece of furniture is almost an exact match to the desk Mom and Dad bought me for Christmas. The pewter frame on top was another of today's finds for $1.

Side note: the picture above is one of my favorites that I had made for the decor at the office. It is my granddaddy posing with one of the new Ford models for 1964. The caption underneath reads "The past is but the beginning of a beginning, and all that is or has been is but the twilight of the dawn." ~H.G. Wells. When they moved furniture around at the office a few months ago, he ended up on the floor in a corner, so I took him home to smile over me at my desk.


And I picked up some fishy stuff for the guest bathroom to go with the curtains. The little step isn't needed much any more, but Sammi had kept a plain stool in there for reaching to the top of the shower curtain, so this one works better. The sticker on the bottom from Pier 1 is $25.00. I got it plus the tissue box, soap dispenser, soap tray, and toothbrush holder for $2. The other thing to note in this picture is my kids' complete inability to keep the mirror clean...

Jill found her a little table, a very cool firepit (I'm jealous of that one!) that they had to take Vicki's truck back to pick up, and some other odds and ends. Marlene found some beautiful fabric, a jewel encrusted glasses case, and another big area rug to go with the one she scored on our first outing. Somehow we managed to fit in the car. Sadly, Vicki talked herself out of anything today, which makes her dry streak two weeks now. We definitely need to do something about that next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment