Saturday, June 26, 2010

My 2 Minute Rainbow

Got up this Saturday morning at 6:00 to see Bob off for his weekend in Baltimore. When I let the dogs out I was admiring the contrast of the dark rain clouds against the blue morning sky to the west. After I waved goodbyes and closed the garage door, I went back to the deck to let them back in and this rainbow had appeared in the minutes before.



I grabbed the little camera that stays in my purse (also right by the back door) and snapped a couple of photos. You can already tell it's beginning to fade in the minute or so I shot these.


Then I went upstairs to get my Canon and by the time I was back down, it was completely gone. I'm now sitting in my favorite spot, cup of coffee beside me, listening to the light rain that's started to fall outside the open windows, and the chirping of the birds, with the rest of the house still asleep, feeling very blessed. I'm going to take my 2 minute rainbow as a sign to keep my eyes open for the little miracles that are in the here and now so briefly I can only smile at their passing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment