Saturday, June 26, 2010

one walk this week

The Texan Visiting season is wonderful. I get to catch up with old friends and take them to scenic spots and share my love for Colorado with them. I'm behind on blogging our wanderings from last week and am heading out again today for Colorado Springs with Marci. So things will get a little out of order as I find time to upload pictures in between visits.

What I do have a few minutes for this morning is my one bloom hunting walk of the week on Wednesday. Evan and Katy are feeling terribly left out, so we had to squeeze at least one walk around the neighborhood in.

The colors are still coming. Lots of roses and vines in bloom now that weren't last week.




These poppies are glorious in the afternoon sunlight, but always look a little exhausted in the morning shade. I still wanted a picture for my collection, though.


This vine is in its heyday. They are everywhere and gorgeous. I keep seeing huge nests of them driving around, but these are right along a fence on the block behind us.





But don't forget to appreciate the daisies. There's just something summer about them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment