Friday, June 4, 2010

Nice and Easy

Ah, the 40s are fast approaching. Other than naming a recurrent chin hair Charlie, I think I've gotten off pretty easily in the aging department so far. But the gray hair has been dogging me ever since my piano teacher reached over to my head at the ripe old age of 8, plucked out a gray strand, and said, "That's a gray hair!"

So while I would like to say that's the camera's flash lightening the part of my hair, this is in fact what not coloring the hair for the month of May really looks like. (Ignore the fact that I am incapable of creating a neat part in my hair. I've given up.)

Now, the Nice and Easy Darkest Brown box promises coverage (tones and highlights!) for 8 weeks and I don't think they can do much about the stuff that grows out in that amount of time, and honestly I really don't want a product that can color hair before it's left the follicle. But what I'm noticing is that, even I could make it 8 weeks, I don't think this color would fade. I would just have a wider and wider skunk stripe on top of my head. The only way to go lighter I'm afraid is to peroxide it out and then color over. Since I don't really relish the thought of frying my hair, or going from gray to bald, Nice and Easy darkest brown #121A it shall be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment