Monday, May 28, 2012

5-28-12 Memorial Day trip

Five years ago this week, the three of us joined Bob and became a family of Coloradoans.

A couple of five year comparisons from one of our first outings in 2007 to Echo Lake, to yesterday:


It was slightly windier and colder yesterday!

I was layering my long sleeved shirt and my flannel and Bob says to me, "Are you sure you aren't going to be too warm in that?"

I looked at him and said, "Have you learned nothing in five years?"

Sure enough, my prodding for everyone to take a jacket or a hoodie, while met with rolled eyes, was much appreciated when we stepped out of the car at the lake.

We took the easy hike around the lake and up to the lodge for lunch. Some pictures:






Far side of the lake

Lunch!

The Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes Lodge, Grand Poobah and apprentice.

I've only actually used the top two.... so far.

Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches comes with a boat of gravy (not pictured)

Buffalo chili / Chili Burger

these two go for hot apple pie with cinnamon ice cream

Sammi and I split the butterscotch (and the waitress, instead of refilling the cup I had, decided I needed a fresh warm one, so I could be a two fisted drinker.

looking back at the lake from the Lodge

red-tailed hawk on the road down



"share the road" means, if I'm a biker, what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.


See the dragon in the clouds? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment