Thursday, July 5, 2012

6-25-12 One Hot, Cameraless Zoo Morning

Downloading the bit of hummingbird video to add to the 4th of July post, I realized I had completely neglected the zoo pictures on my phone. This was probably in response to the bitter disappointment I was experiencing after I went to take a picture with my "real" camera only to discover the battery was completely and totally dead. Not worrying, I pulled out the backup battery I'd been carrying around in my purse. And it was deader than dead -- as in, it doesn't even charge anymore and I didn't know it.

So, here we are, trying to make the best of a morning I'd originally expected to be packing up camp, in the middle of Denver in the middle of the hottest set of days ever on record, and I don't have my camera. I do have a very hot, heavy weight to lug around that makes me madder and madder. Of course, this means we will watch the 2 month old leopard cub come bounding out of nowhere, tumble down the small tree trunk he's trying to leap over, and roll in a somersault over to his mom. So by the time we get to the tigers I have sullenly taken out my camera phone because I can't stand it. 

here, then, crappy camera phone pictures of the zoo, mainly with animals trying to stay in the shade or in the water because it is so unbearably desert hot.













1 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete