Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7-17-12 FRONT ROW!!

Alright, I have publicly declared my fan-girlness for Richard Marx enough for it to be a sub-blog. So it should be no surprise that when I found these little babies on ebay, I had to have them. They're tiny little vinyl records inside Richard Marx sleeves!


So those arrived yesterday. How cute are they?!?


This brings about the story of my one brush with Richard Marx memorabilia, way back in 1987. I'd mooned over his selt-titled album's poster, that hazy gray and blue with heaven's light shining down, standing there in his leather jacket, and t-shirt, and blue jeans, just being all... cool. It was hanging in the record store for months. Lance managed to get it for me as it came down and new ones went up. And... after carrying it rolled up through the mall, eating dinner, shopping, and driving away, it hit me. "Where's the poster?" Yep. I set it on the roof of the car to unlock the car and drove off. It was not there when we went back. Gone forever. Sigh. 



I actually came across the earrings when I was looking for a Richard Marx concert t-shirt. I've got an ebay search result set up to email me newly listed things that match. Mostly you see a ratted out shirt, in drab gray, or something made recently, but nothing pristine vintage. On other sites, I can find better shirts, but for ridiculous amounts of $ (some in yen).  

And then, TODAY became Richard Marx jackpot day.

This shirt shows up. I think it was listed about 5 minutes before I snapped it up. Right size, right color, black and white with red autograph, right concert/album picture (okay, yes, I love the 80s dream mullet as much as the next girl, but still...)



 And THEN!

What do I see in the news feed but a Richard Marx posting, about 30 seconds old, that Boulder pre-sale tickets have just been put up. The password is PICKLES (it's a sign, I tells ya!)

I'd expected to see something the day before the July 20th ticket sales opening, but not 3 days early.

So PICKLES it is, best seats please, and boom: there it is. Section A, Row 1, Seats 18 and 19.

Wait, what?

Section A . . .  that couldn't be in the balcony maybe? This can't possibly be front row center.

But it was. Laura and I will be on those two little red dots:


I go back over to Facebook, giddy as a school girl, and posted on the thread, 17 minutes after it appeared: 


And, right on cue:


:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment