Sunday, July 29, 2012

7-29-12 The Birthday Wrap-Up

Birthday eve My Favorite Muffin with coffee on the deck


with a candle, one more day at 41

Nick came home with flowers and pie!

The double rainbow on the way to Mom and Dad's

Nick was supposed to be taking a picture of the birthday girls with their presents. 
Little less zoom next time...

Bob insisted I open my present Friday night, so I could charge it up. I still remember how expensive the  first camcorder we purchased was, and that was for the priveledge of holding 20 pounds on our shoulders. But I look at the video I now have of my babies and am so glad we bought it. The next cam-corder came in 2000 when we were going to DisneyWorld for the first time. Carrying that giant thing aroudn the parks just wasn't feasible. And we were amazed at how small it was. Now, 12 years later, here we are with something smaller in my palm that shoots in high definition with 8Gb I can transfer onto my computer without having to "capture" video from another source and reformat the file. Amazing. 

Saturday morning we headed for the farmer's market, but first, dilled garlic and smoked cheddar!

Post farmer's-market, Dad made birthday waffles.

We drove up to Woodland Park for lunch at the Swiss Chalet.

birthday dessert! (who needs cake?)

Sat. night was girls' night out with Deana at, where else, the Loop.

YUM

Lola the kitten giving some kitten love to the dangling earrings

We stopped by Swirl for the Waldo Canyon Firefighters benefit in the rain.


Jason showing off the Vincent Van Gogh bottle. 
(I asked him about the "PB&J" and yep, it really stood for Peanut Butter and Jelly.) 

We decided to postpone the Manitou Haunted Walking Tour because of the rain. Juggling an umbrella and a camera in flip flops in the wet just wasn't terribly appealing. Next time.

So we headed back, watched a movie, and turned in for the night. I had cuddle company who really liked the sleeping bag:




0 comments:

Post a Comment