Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7-3-12 Richard Marx (yes, again)

Quick rundown on my Richard Marx crush for the day:

1. Richard Marx announced tour dates including Boulder this month to promote his June 19 release of A Night Out With Friends

set list from A Night Out With Friends


2. Tickets go on sale July 20 for his November 18 show at the historic Boulder Theater.

3. It is not a question of whether I am going, but whether I am going alone. Concert company is a critical consideration. 

4. Samantha, 16, asks specifically whether his three sons will be on stage with him. 

from the "Wouldn't Let Me Love You" video shoot and the Richard Marx facebook page

5. After being told that I seriously doubted it, Samantha is not going.

6. Today, after careful consideration of my local friends, today I ask Laura, who I know loves the 80s, loves to sing, and has similar tastes in music, if she is, by any chance, a Richard Marx fan. Understand, Laura and I, other than church services from afar, have been in a room together chatting exactly once. 

7. Jackpot! Laura is a fan and I've got company for the concert and drive.



So, icing on the cake, as I'm closing down screens for the night, I see this post, I comment, and get two likes right away, one by Mr. Marx himself. 




Okay, so he liked every comment posted. Don't burst my bubble. I'm going to see Richard Marx. In November.


It occurs me to I have exactly 100 Richard Marx songs in my iTunes playlist now. In 37 days, I could post a song a day with almost no repetition all the way up to the day of the concert. Ooohhhh..... 

But I'm not obsessed or anything.



0 comments:

Post a Comment