Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7-16-12 Happy Birthday Steph!

Steph hit the big 42 yesterday, 12 days ahead of me, and way far away in Texas. She was supposed to be up here soon to go with Tanya to see Kenny Chesney this Sunday but that fell through. Tanya and I only know one another because I was down at Steph's a couple of years ago and she was talking to her friend Tanya on the phone, who had just moved to Evergreen, CO from Houston and was feeling lonely. She told me to send her a friend request, which I did, and from there we became facebook friends and kept saying over and over, "we so need to get together." 

Finally, we made plans to get together for lunch for the week her sons would be off with their dad and she would have freedom to meet down in my neck of the woods. Then we realized the date we'd set up (thanks to a doctor appt for her in town) was the same day as Steph's birthday. 

Out came the Batman shirts and Tanya picked up a white chocolate (because Steph doesn't eat anything else, weirdo) bundt cake and I brought the Batman topper, and viola! birthday from a distance for Steph. She missed out on a yummy Cajun lunch at NoNos and Batman cake on the veranda. 



Happy Birthday Steph. Make it up here next year! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment