Saturday, May 14, 2011

5-14-11 Too Old to Feel this Young

I have a slight addiction to image sites, the ones that often take a relatively crappy, out-of-focus or washed-out picture, combine it with some mood inducing text and, voila!, ART! Ok, not really. But I still find myself perusing far too many of them. The collectors of these images are largely teenagers who tend toward the emo side of the spectrum, who think vintage is Pokemon and Hello Kitty and Hey Arnold. In other words, they are the age of my kids. They think their limited experience with the world will be their outlook for the rest of their life and pile on picture after picture coupled with longing sayings about wanting to be loved and, my favorite, ideas like "I am too young to feel this old." There's this thin line of "I'm so unique and tragic" that runs through so much of what's out there, I have to remind myself, they're just kids. They'll learn. If it gets too self-loathing for my taste, there are always a million more sites to peruse.

I suppose as the middle-aged woman who delight in collecting images that make her smile and realizing a lot of them are very young at heart, and rolling my eyes at all the rest in my cynical style, makes me a bit of the opposite, now, doesn't it? I'm probably too old to feel this young, even when I'm complaining about recovering from surgery.

And since I have folder after folder of these silly things, I have to share, just because it's a rainy, cold Saturday and I'm curled up in bed all toasty and comfortable and drowsy. Kind of like THIS!


MMMM. Cinnamon bun . . . . cue all of the food pictures. . . .





And I've blogged before about my penchant for light pictures. Now that we are staying put, I am seriously committed to turning the backyard into a garden of blue and white lights this summer. But it suddenly occurs to me that I'm not sure where I can buy lights when its not Christmas. Hmmm.... Things you ponder on a sleepy, rainy Saturday evening.





0 comments:

Post a Comment