Monday, May 9, 2011

5-9-11 Last Choir Concert of the year

a clip from Sammi's Treble Choir, from the Les Mis medley

Feeling like the world's worst mother because I couldn't make it through all of the choir concert tonight. I made it through Sammi's Treble Choir, but they had a combined song at the end that I missed. However, I am really not sure why it was set at a local church that could not have seated any more than the auditorium at the high school, plus you've got the advantage at the high school of theater seats with staggered rows versus a flat church set-up  . . . why on earth did we have it here? When we got there, 20 minutes before the concert, there was almost no where to sit. We found seats at the very back against the wall near the sound system corner. Oh, and those empty seats you see? Saved.



The 100 people who came in the next 20 minutes were out of luck. And the air conditioning was either broken or woefully inadequate. The temperature had to have been at least 80° and climbing. Add to this the five times I had to go up and down the stairs today and sit at my desk for some long distance calls, and by the time her choir was getting off the stage, I was toast.

However, my saving grace is that her brother is in more of the doghouse than me. It turns out he said he would come to the concert, which I didn't know, and then was a no-show. At least I have a reasonable excuse.  (Sorry, Nick, but the bus is backing up over you right now.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment