Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2-1-11 Cold Day

The kids have a snow day today, although it's more like a "super negative temperature cold day" instead. I shoveled the driveway and sidewalk this morning about 7:00 and it was "feels like -23°"

I'm not exactly sure how they determine what -23° feels like, because once you're in negative numbers, it's all just freaking cold.

Between the thermal long johns, the double socks, snow boots, snow pants, cashmere sweater, wool sweater, big coat, cashmere lined leather gloves, wool scarf, and, of course, the cookie monster ski hat, I was pretty comfortable shoveling the driveway and sidewalk and congratulating myself on getting some cardio in even when I didn't slip-slide to the gym at 5:00 this morning . . . at least until the end when I realized I couldn't bend my fingers.

We didn't really get hit too hard with snow, maybe an inch, but it's definitely considerably colder outside than we've ever experienced since we've lived up here.

With the morning work load completed, Sammi pulled on my coat and gloves and did exactly two throws for the dogs before deciding that was quite enough of that.

Then we decided there was no better morning for a pancake breakfast. It's also a convenient way to warm up your hands!


(Nick blearily made an appearance as we were cleaning up. Good thing there were leftovers.)






0 comments:

Post a Comment