Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2-15-11 Sarah

I came across Sarah's blog in the fall. She had started it in March of 2010 when the strange cyst on her arm whom she had named Cecil turned out to be cancer and she wanted to have a blog not entirely focused on being sick.

In June she and Eric took engagement pictures.
In December she posted pictures of her wedding to Eric at the end of November.

For a good part of January through the first week of February of this year she's been in the hospital, video blogging about butterflies in addition to radiation and chemotherapy.

Yesterday Eric posted this moving entry

Sarah's light has been evident in every one of her blogs, her spirit and positive energy radiating through that broken body. I've watched her followers steadily increase since I joined, and I know many, many more who don't have their own blogger account have her bookmarked to check on every day.

And the profound impact she is having on people's lives, people like me who have never met her, is astounding. And all because she is willing to be open and honest, just letting people into her life to care, pray, and listen.

I hope that she, as Eric put it, joins the grand symphony of radiance painlessly.

I left Sarah a comment a while back that every time I heard Mark Schultz' Closer to You I would think of her. I think I always will.

Closer to me I'm tired and I'm weak
And every breath within me is longing just to be
Closer to You
So I face the road ahead
Cause I know there's no comparing
To what's waiting at the end

So let the rain start falling where it will
And I will run through this valley
Just to climb to that hill
And if they ask why I'm smiling
After all I've been through
It's cause I'm just a day closer to You

Closer to me I hear You whisper on the wind
You say although my life is ending
A new one will begin
Closer to You
And I know I'm not alone
Cause I can hear You in the distance
Saying, you are nearly home

So let the rain start falling where it will
And I will run through this valley
Just to climb to that hill
And if they ask why I'm dancing
Though my days may be few
It's cause I'm just a day closer to You

Closer to me You're in the laughter and the tears
Of the ones I leave behind me
Who have prayed me through the years
Closer to You
And I know it won't be long
Till You're running down the pathway
Just to take me in Your arms

So let the rain start falling where it will
And I will run through this valley
Just to climb to that hill
And if they ask why I'm singing
Though my life's almost through
It's cause I'm just a day closer
I'm just a day closer
I'm just a day closer to You.



0 comments:

Post a Comment