Saturday, January 14, 2012

1-14-12 Curvy News

Sat down with the coffee and the news this morning to this:  PLUS Size Magazine Photos

Warning: if nudes in museums freak you out, maybe you'd better not look. Oh? Should I have put that warning ahead of the link? Sorry. Now grow up.

What I'm most fascinated by is not the statistics, which have zero credibility built into them, but the juxtaposition of the two models intertwined on the third page. I don't think I've ever seen a better photo illustration of the differences between a runway model and a woman who may or may not be "average" but who looks a whole lot like me (minus at least half a foot in height). The arms! Those thighs!

It's stunning and telling, whether or not any of the numbers actually turn out to be verifiable.

Now if only we could embrace the curves AND let an average height woman into the national consciousness of "beauty".... a girl can dream.

And this? Still true:




0 comments:

Post a Comment