Friday, May 2, 2014

4/24/14 Thursday's Work


Thursday I took Steph's daughter to an appointment when she was called in early to work, so I didn't get started until about 11:00. I started with 1989 and worked backwards to meet in the middle where I stopped last time with the 1985 scans. I was perplexed that I must have skipped things when I only returned with a handful of photos from 1985, but a recheck assured me, there just weren't a lot of photos published that year that showed the area in any detail. 

I did take a break to go get ribs at Brown Sugar's Bar-B-Que!


By the end of day 2, I'm feeling like I'm really not getting as much as I'd like. The majority of the front page news in 1989 was the start of the breaking news on Brio, but since I was concentrating on finishing the 80s on this trip, I only scanned the tip of the iceberg.




 It would be well into the first half of the 90s as the Beltway was coming through that the full extent of the cover up and toxicity would come to light.

Total scans today: 182



0 comments:

Post a Comment